SCiMMA Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP”) defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services (“Services”) as granted by Scalable Cyberinfrastructure for Multi-Messenger Astrophysics (SCIMMA) for the purpose of rapidly handling, combination, and analysis of distributed data realted to all the types of astronomical measurements.
- You shall only use SCiMMA Software and Services in a manner consistent with the purposes described above; you shall show consideration towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- Interactions with other SCiMMA users as well as with SCiMMA staff are expected to follow the SCiMMA Code of Conduct .
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- It is your responsibility to determine what constraints may be placed on you by any relevant regulations such as export control law or FERPA.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by the Baseline Service Level Agreement (SLA)  listed below. Specific SLAs may apply to members of organizations with MOUs - see the applicable MOU for the specific SLA.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statement referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include your account being suspended and a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
- In cases where SCiMMA resources are contracted from other entitixes, this policy also includes applicable policies of the contracted entities. See  for more information.
- You will acknowledge the use of SCiMMA in manuscripts submitted for publication as specified at .
- This AUP may be extended to specific uses as outlined in Memoranda of Understanding with collaborating organizations.
Project management reserves the right to modify this policy or the supporting documents at any time. You will be notified when relevant changes to these policies occur.
 SCiMMA Code of Conduct, https://scimma.org/about/conduct.html
 Available via : https://scimma.org/about/policies.html
 University of Illinois Acceptable Use Policy “APPROPRIATE USE OF COMPUTERS AND NETWORK SYSTEMS.”, https://cam.illinois.edu/policies/fo-07/ .
 Amazon Web Services Acceptable Use Policy “AWS Acceptable Use Policy”, https://aws.amazon.com/aup .
 SCiMMA acknowledgment, This research was done using services provided by the SCIMMA Project, which is supported by the National Science Foundation awards OAC-1841625, OAC-1934752, OAC-2311355.
 This AUP is derived from The WISE Baseline Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use, https://wise-community.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/WISE-SCI-Baseline-AUP-V1.pdf and is licensed under the Creative Commons license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/.